Self-Care for Caregivers is a series of workshops offered to caregivers from Gaspé to Barachois. These workshops will be led by Dr. Megan McCallum, Psychologist and held at 11 Cathedrale, Unit 104, in Gaspé.
The topics are as follows:
- How to be a Caregiver AND Care for Yourself
- Think about Thinking = Let’s Get in Your Head!
- Emotions: What They are Trying to Tell You and What to do About it
- Mind-body Interactions: Healthy Body, Happy Mind
- The Power of Connecting: Communication Tips
- Ambigous Loss: Caring for Someone who is Physically Present, but Absent or Changed Psychologically
The sessions will run from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. and all sessions are free of charge. Respite for your loved one may be available at low cost if needed.
To participate in these sessions please register at the Vision office, 418-368-3212, or leave a message for Tracey at: 581-887-1700. Places are limited, so please call today!
This event is possible due to the partnership between Vision and L’Appui GIM. L’Appui has provided this event with financial support